Frozen Flower progress

Frozen Flower is proving to be a bit of a headache; at least the larger of the two designs is. After tinkering with the bars and filling stitches several times I have decided that I will need to delete the entire cut area from the chart and start from scratch – as long as I try to change the existing pattern I don’t think I’ll be getting anywhere.

The process hasn’t been helped by the fact that so many other things are going on, from choir practice to church meetings and from school concerts to quiz nights (our team came third, in case you’re wondering). But this weekend I will have a bit more time, and my goal is to have Frozen Flower recharted by Sunday afternoon. To encourage me I ordered some perles I’d be needing from Sew & So, which arrived yesterday, so I’m all set to go!

And whatever happens to the larger Frozen Flower, at least the smaller version is coming along nicely. I like the way the blue and white work against the dark fabric, and I’m enjoying doing the woven picots, which fortunately are coming out pretty much as I’d envisaged them. It’s nice to know that even if the larger design turns out to be a lost cause, most of its characteristics will be preserved in this smaller one. And because the real fabric-and-thread stitching always looks so different from the chart, here’s a sneak preview of some of Frozen Flower’s 3D effect:

Frozen Flower

Leave a comment or ask a question